The Tempest®2400 2-Channel BaseStation - CE meets European Conformity requirements for use in European countries and uses patented Frequency Hopping Spread Spectrum (FHSS), TDMA technology and proprietary ZSync technology, up to eleven Tempest2400 BaseStations and 55 full duplex wireless BeltStations can be operated in close proximity to each other in a single band while maintaining excellent system performance.
The BaseStation comes standard with a single whip antenna (RP-TNC RF connector) and an RJ-45 connector for the (optional) remote transceiver.
Redundant data transmission (2xTX) provides time and frequency diversity yielding outstanding RF performance. The CAT-5/6 cable also supplies power to the remote transceiver. An additional RJ-45 enables remote monitoring and control of the entire wireless system over a Local Area Network (LAN) with the aid of the Tempest T-Desk software.
The Tempest BaseStation offers a Stage Announce (SA) output with a relay closure. This is ideal for use with Public Address Systems (PA), city-wide IFB transmitters or virtually any application that can be triggered with a General Purpose Input/Output (GPIO).
Three modes of operation are available within each Tempest BaseStation: Normal, Shared, and Split. This feature allows from 5 users to hundreds of users depending on configuration.
Utilizing the Tempest system's TDMA technology and proprietary Accu-Sync BaseStation coordination, up to 11 Tempest BaseStations and 55 full-duplex wireless BeltStations (in Normal Mode) can be operated in close proximity to each other within the 2.4GHz band while maintaining excellent system performance. By switching to Shared Mode, an unlimited number of BeltStations can be connected to one BaseStation.
Available exclusively in the Tempest2400 products, the new Seamless Roaming feature enables Tempest users to move freely from a given coverage area to another, with no manual switching between BaseStations required. This capability is powered by the Parallel Sync Generator, which provides an external zero sync source for multiple Tempest BaseStations.
One Parallel Sync Generator supports up to 12 BaseStations in a star configuration allowing removal of individual BaseStations without interrupting sync to any other BaseStation. Multiple Parallel Sync Generators may be linked to support larger installations.
Data Sheet: Tempest2400 2CH BaseStation DataSheet
- In The Box
- AC Power Cord
- Antenna (x1)
- USB A to B Cable
- USB A to Mini B Cable
- Pairing Cable - 1/8' Mini to 1/8' Mini Stereo
- DB-9 BaseSync Cable
- Documentation CD
- Quick Start Guide
- Pliant 5-bay Battery Charger for Li-Poly Batteries [SKU: #PBT-5BAY-01 ]
- Rechargeable Lithium-Polymer Battery [SKU: #PBT-LIP-01 ]
- Tempest Remote Transceiver Line Extender [SKU: #TMA-RTEXT-01 ]
- Tempest ZSync Generator Dongle (2.4GHz Only) [SKU: #TMP-ZSYNC-04 ]
- Tempest Parallel ZSync Generator (2.4GHz Only) [SKU: #TMP-ZPAR-01 ]
- 50 ft (15.2 m) LMR400-UF low loss RP-TNC to N antenna cable [SKU: #PC-ANTCAB-50UF ]
- 20 ft (6.1 m) LMR400-UF, low loss RP-TNC to N antenna cable [SKU: #PC-ANTCAB-20UF ]
- 10 ft (3 m) RG-58 C/U Antenna Cable (RP-TNC to N) [SKU: #PC-ANTCABLE-10 ]
- User Manual: Tempest2400 2CH Manual
- Understanding Seamless Roaming
- Tempest Seamless Roaming Guide
- Tempest2400 Multi-BaseStation Guide
- Data Sheet: Tempest2400 2CH BaseStation DataSheet